Drug_Hair_TestingMercury and Autism is there a link?

Did you know that mercury poisoning affects pregnant women and children on a yearly basis to significantly damage their health? If you have small children or are pregnant, then it is important for you, as well as the rest of the population, to understand how the toxicity of mercury can affect you if you don’t take the necessary precautions.

Video on “Autism is Reversible”

Watch the Video


How can mercury poisoning affect your health?

It has been discovered lately that mercury poisoning can possibly be causing a rising diagnosis of autism in children from the reported cases of these mercury poisoning learning disabilities. The primary reason is the use vaccinations that have levels of mercury in them. Furthermore, the head of the Prairie Collaborative for Immunization stated that mercury can be, “directly linked the development of autism spectrum disorders and is significantly toxic … in children.” This is something not to be taken lightly!

This risk for children is mainly coming from the flu vaccine, which does have mercury within the dosage. This is not only limited to children, however, because any person receiving the flu vaccine is also receiving an overdose of mercury. If any pregnant women or children are getting this vaccine, then they will be exposed to the toxicity of mercury. This is especially harmful for pregnant women because the fetus would absorb 100 times more levels of mercury within the dosage than the mother. 

What are the sources of mercury poisoning?

Including the mercury levels found within the flu vaccine, children may also have the risk of poisoning from heavy metals within their fillings. This is contrary to the FDA’s previous stance that, “mercury fillings pose no health threat whatsoever to children”, leading many people to feel angry with this deception. Mercury has been found to be even more toxic than lead, but it is still being used as dental fillings for children.

Every parent strives to provide a balanced diet for their families and fish would be part of the shopping list. Unfortunately Some of the most common ways of ingesting mercury is to consume mercury contaminated fish and shellfish.The larger the fish the larger the accumulation of mercury as large fish consume smaller fish hence accumulate more of this toxic metal over time. It is recommended if you are pregnant or breastfeeding you should limit the consumption of freshwater fish. Many states collect data on mercury levels in fish from local waters and issue fish consumption advisories. In addition mercury spills such as a broken thermometer is very serious as mercury can evaporate when exposed to air hence contaminateing what you breath very quickly. Mercury environmental poisoning occurs when we burn fossil fuels that eventually find their way into our waterways.

The main items that you need to watch out for to protect yourself from any causes of childhood mercury poisoning within your home are the following:

  • Vaccinations
  • Dental fillings
  • Paint
  • Pesticides
  • Select skin creams
  • Oral thermometers (non-digital)
  • Contaminated fish and shellfish

What are the symptoms of mercury poisoning?

Mercury is very toxic to the body and exposure to excessive levels can permanently damage the brain and other organs such as the kidneys and the digestive tract. High levels will cause death.

If you or your child feel that you may have been exposed to the toxicity of mercury, then the symptoms of Mercury Poisoning as defined by the the Environmental Protection Agency are as follows:

  • Hair Loss
  • Disturbances in sensations such as “pins and needles” or numbness especially in the lips, fingers and toes
  • Tremors & Staggering
  • Lack of coordination of movements, such as writing or walking
  • Trouble performing complex tasks
  • Foggy thinking
  • Narrowing or dimness of the visual field
  • Impaired speech or hearing
  • Reduced mental functioning
  • Memory loss
  • Muscle weakness, pain, stiffness & cramps (can even experience loss of muscle size)
  • Joint pain
  • Mood swing
  • Insomnia
  • Skin rashes
  • Irritability
  • Headaches
  • Skin inflammation
  • Kidney damage
  • Weight loss
  • Drowsiness & Dizziness
  • Fatigue
  • Chest pain and palpitations
  • Stomach & digestive disturbances
  • Metallic taste

For unborn babies, infants and children  mercury poisoning usually affects neurological development (brain and nervous system) which will impact on memory, attention, language and other skills have been found in children exposed to moderate levels in the womb.

Recently, it was found that autistic children had a higher mercury exposure during pregnancy due to maternal dental amalgam and thimerosal-containing vaccine shots.  Promising treatments of autism involve detoxification of mercury, and supplementation of deficient metabolites.

More than 500,000 kids currently suffer from autism, and pediatricians diagnose more than 40,000 new cases every year. The disease was unknown until 1943, when it was identified and diagnosed among eleven children born in the months after thimerosal was first added to baby vaccines in 1931.


Is there a safe level of mercury?

This a question that is under dispute primarily because some of the mercury studies are sponsored by large fish companies that would be adversely affected if the public found that the fish they are eating could be poisoning them.

Examples of fish typically high in Mercury

  • Shark
  • Tuna
  • Swordfish
  • Bass
  • Marlin
  • Northern Pike
  • Grouper
  • Halibut

Examples of fish typically low in Mercury

  • Salmon
  • Anchovies
  • Sardines
  • Herring
  • Sole
  • Cod
  • Crab
  • Scallops

The rule of thumb, the larger the fish the larger the chances of higher mercury levels


How can you prevent mercury poisoning?

To protect yourself and your children from childhood mercury poisoning and other health issues, it is best to avoid any substances containing excess levels of mercury. Furthermore, you must get yourself tested to assess any potential mercury poisoning that may have already taken place in your body. One of the most effective methods of testing is hair testing for heavy metals.

What is a hair analysis test?

A hair analysis test for mercury poisoning is used to detect through the growth of the hair the levels of mercury that are present in the bodily tissue. This is a more effective and preferable process to a simple blood test because it will allow you to assess the levels of toxins that may already be in your body, affecting your health.

If you are diagnosed with high levels of toxicity from heavy metals such as mercury, then you do have natural alternatives available to you, such chelation therapy. This treatment works in the form of oral supplements to allow you to pull the mercury from the tissues within your body in a natural way for effective treatment.

    1,669 total views, 1 views today