Why test for drugs? It can be used for
- Divorce proceedings to prove that a parent has or is still using illicit drugs.
- Children suspected of drug abuse.
- Child custody disputes and child welfare cases where a parent can be shown to be unfit to care for minors when drug usage is a determining factor.
- Date rape investigations. Drugs (Flunitrazepam) can be detected in urine but to prove that the victim is not a usual user of this drug, hair drug testing can be used.
- Employment screenings.
- Pre-employment drug screening
- Workplace accident investigations
- Return to work testing
- Random employee screenings
- Wrongful dismissal at work. Drug hair testing can distinguish between a long term drug user and a on-off drug user.
- Medical Misadventures
- Accidental medical drug exposure
- Suspected drug use amongst military personal, hospital personal or other professions where long hours at work are required such as truck drivers.
- Athletes and drug usage
- DUID Driving Under the Influence of Drugs. Motor vehicle accidents and fatalities while under the influence of drugs
- Insurance Claims
- Probation or parole cases to help determine if drug abuse is still occurring.
- Monitoring drug users in drug rehabilitation centres or for persons incarcerated.
Benefits of Drug Testing for Employers
- reduced insurance costs
- reduced workers compensation claims and premiums
- reduced costs from errors, accidents and fatalities
- reduced costs from theft, fraud or violence
- reduced legal costs
- reduced medical costs
- reduced chance of hiring and training unfit personnel
- reduced absenteeism or turnover
- reduced disciplinary actions
- improved productivity
- improved workplace morale
Benefits of Drug Testing for Spouses or Children
- Early identification and professional help can instigated
- Results can be submitted to family court if drug abuse is suspected
- Greater awareness regarding drug abuse and related issues
- Hair drug testing detects drugs over a longer period of time (6 months) compared to urine or saliva drug testing (1 week).
4,003 total views, 1 views today